As one of your most valuable assets, your home deserves the protection of a comprehensive homeowner's insurance plan that will preserve your investment. The right insurance coverage will ensure your property and personal belongings are protected from any eventuality. Knowing what to look for in homeowner's insurance will enable you to make smarter choices to protect your property.
Understanding Homeowner's Insurance Coverage
When selecting homeowner's insurance coverage, homeowners should consider what assets are most important to them and how they can protect them from harm. As a homeowner, you have various insurance options to include the following:
- Property or Dwelling Coverage – covers the repairs or rebuilding of a home due to insured events under the policy.
- Personal Liability Coverage – covers expenses of personal injuries or property damage sustained by others on your property. This coverage should be sufficient to protect you against the threat of law suits to cover damages.
- Personal Property Coverage – covers the repair or replacement of personal belongings that are damaged, destroyed or stolen from your property.
- Scheduled Personal Property Coverage – provides additional protection for valuable belongings such as costly jewelry, artwork, heirlooms or antiques.
- Additional Living Expenses Coverage – Additional Living Expenses Coverage
Home Insurance Costs
The type of coverage you desire, amount of coverage and your choice of deductible all affect your home insurance costs. A higher deductible will reduce your premium; however, it will also increase your out of pocket expenses when making a claim. As every home and situation is unique, personalized coverage is essential to getting the protection you need.
At Insurance & Financial Services, Inc., we can help you determine the best coverage for your situation within a price range you can afford. Call or visit today to get greater input on homeowner's insurance options that can help secure your future.