Are you a Baton Rouge, LA resident who is interested in purchasing health insurance for you and your family? Here’s what you need to consider when choosing your plan:
- Monthly Premium Costs
- You will pay your monthly premium each month, so you’ll need to determine how much you can spend each month on your policy. This premium will automatically narrow your choices.
- Personal Medical Needs & Prescriptions
- It might seem rather difficult to estimate how much you’ll need to go to the doctor, get tests or surgeries, or see specialists. If you can calculate this amount on average, it may help you determine the best plan for you and your family. Remember also to consider any prescriptions that you or your family members take.
- How Much to Pay Out-of-Pocket
- You will need to look at your out-of-pocket maximum as well. This is the maximum amount of money that you would have to pay over a year of coverage. Once you pay this amount for the year, your insurance company will take care of 100% of the rest. You want a low out-of-pocket maximum.
- Your Doctor and Your “Network.”
- Different insurance companies have different networks with different health care providers in them. If you have a primary physician that you want to stick with, make sure that they’re in your network before choosing a plan.
Call Insurance & Financial Services, Inc. Today
Health insurance is one of the most important types of insurance that you should secure for you and your family. At Insurance & Financial Services, Inc., we’re proud to serve the residents of Baton Rouge, LA, and we’d be happy to sit down with you and discuss your health insurance options. Call us today or stop by our nearest office location to speak with one of our agents. We look forward to talking with you!